Plenum 2020-10-20 Agenda/Minutes
- Present: Roland, Robert, Benji, Caj, Corentin, Dyana, Joyce, Bob, Marco, Sheong Chang, Michael Cheng, Andrej, Shranee, Preetam, Adnan
- Apologies: -
Updates from last meeting:
Electricity Supplier Alternatives
- (Bob) was to email someone at SP about contestability. Alteratively, Valentine discovered a 1,700 kWh 19% off regulated tarrif 6 month contract at a comparison website and will email details to Bob.
- Done. We have been on SP wholesale for power since Nov 2019 and have seen reduction in bills, but part of that is due also to reduced space usage during the circuit breaker. Sep 2020 bill was $211.92 for water and power, compared to Sep 2019's $718.22
(Bob) was to poke Ruiwen on corppass
- Done. Bob and Dyana hath the corppass
Books (ACRA filing) due ?, Taxes due ?
- Done. Books have been submitted for FYE 30 Sep 2020 for prep and filing by 30 Apr 2021
- Pending: taxes to be e-filed by Koh Mgmt by 15 Dec 2020
Cash balance ?
- $19K in the bank as of 1 Oct 2020
On an accrual basis we are up/down $?/month ?
- including predicted upcoming costs amortised monthly, we are down $1010 a month
(Valentine) request for expense breakdown by category, on an annualised (365/12) basis.
|Regular Expenses||Amount||Frequency||Monthly Cost (amortised)|
|Utilities (est'd)||450||12||$ 450.00|
|Accounting/Corp Services (est'd)||3000||1||$ 250.00|
|Cleaning (est'd)||80||26||$ 173.34|
|Income Tax (est'd)||600||1||$ 50.00|
- (at last plenum) Bob and Robert paperwork processed by Koh on March 26, ACRA file not yet sighted by Bob and Robert.
- Done: ACRA file has since been sighted many times, Bob and Robert have been directors wef 18 Mar 2019
Any Other Business
- (Dyana) was to look into whether we can cancel PayPal recurring payments merchant-side.
- Done: yeah we can!
- (Bob, Robert, Dyana) discussion and proposed timeline
- Robert and Bob wish to step down as directors on/before 30 April 2021 (filing date), and Dyana as treasurer at the same time.
- No volunteers stepped forward to take on either role.
- Decision not to undertake detailed shutdown discussion sequence as the 6-7 months from May-Nov is plenty.
- Should new director(s) and treasurer step foward, a handover period of ~1 month is anticipated.
- Valentine has expressed interest, subject to a solution being found on additional revenue sufficient for ~2 years operation.
Broken and Orphaned Items
- (Valentine) volunteers to enforce Old Hardware Pattern on all unusable items because nobody's going to repair them here, and to identify (with help) orphaned items in the space for decluttering.
- Requesting for volunteers for Identification of Owners task.
- General sense of the meeting was that it was OK for Valentina and/or Caj to step up and resume the pattern, with thought given to communication channels (e.g. mailing list, Facebook Group/Page)
- (Valentine) send members a short email asking:
- what their personal vision for a hackerspace is;
- what they hope to get out of such a place;
- Space for a workshop not at home.
- (H, in private feedback before plenum) suggested that it be a list of options, with an open-ended field after.
- (If there's time) brainstorm for options to put on the form.
Services to Raise Funds
- (Aizat) Discussion if any.
- Terminate item
Membership Marketing and Website Revamp
- (Robert) Update on revamp.
- No updates
- (Valentine) Request to add PayNow QR to membership page for donations.
- Suitably complicated technology maneouvres were adlibbed in order to successfully print the absurd forms.
- Valentine to print, Bob and Robert will obtain, complete, and sign.
(Bob) Update on new members (if any).
- 2 new members subscribed via PayPal (Subhransu/64, Florian/64)
- 1 new member sent in a form, pending subscription (Daniel/16)
(Valentine) Request for latest membership breakdown by tiers.
dwu: one of the 512s will probably drop by December
Potential Relocation Options
- Discussion if any.
- Activity terminated, for resumption if new directors appear.
Upcoming events that HackerspaceSG might be interested in
- Nothing relevant given current covid measures.
Any Other Business
- Thanks to The Ukelele Assemble for their fundraising efforts which raised $296.61 (nett PayPal fees)
- Discussion about the contributor's page text on the membership; no change at this point.
- 2020-11-17 20:00 (tentatively scheduled for 3rd Tuesday of every month, but subject to change depending on the schedule of key people)