Plenum 2020-12-15 Agenda/Minutes
- Present: Dyana, Bob, Valentine, Roland, Kheng Hui, Jen, Robert
- Apologies: -
- OK Due 30 Apr 2021. We have provided Koh Mgmt with books for FYE 30 Sep 2020 for prep and filing. We expect Koh Mgmt to file on time.
- OK YA2020 C-S filed about 6 weeks ago.
- Pending Due 31 Dec 2020: YA2021 ECI. Koh is aware.
- $23K in the bank as of 1 Dec 2020
Accrual (up/down $?/month)
- Including predicted upcoming costs amortised monthly, we are down $1284.81 a month.
Expense breakdown by category, on an annualised (365/12) basis.
|Regular Expenses||Amount||Frequency||Monthly Cost (amortised)|
|Utilities (est'd)||450||12||$ 450.00|
|Accounting/Corp Services (est'd)||3000||1||$ 250.00|
|Cleaning (est'd)||80||26||$ 173.34|
|Income Tax (est'd)||600||1||$ 50.00|
- (Bob) Update on new members (if any).
- corentin 64 -> 0
- shramee 512 -> 128
- dwerp 512 -> 64
- andrei 64 -> 32
- ohno 0 -> 128
- subh 0 -> 64
- Current membership breakdown by tiers.
Note: Live data for finances/memberships is in the membership register which Jen now has access to
Change of directorship (was organisational shutdown)
- (Bob, Robert, Dyana) Call for directors has been issued via mailing list and Facebook page (not group)
- Valentine and Jen are likely; they are considering registration as a social enterprise or similar.
- Potential volunteers to assist on moving/removing/renovating have been identified.
- Chucking out much of the crap and rearranging the tables so that more space is available for use.
- Ideas include day passes for students (vs. say Starbucks), with a view to reaching break-even on that basis.
- Dyana points out that, although we know the sequence for bank account handover, 6 weeks' of calendar is recommend to deal with SC paperwork.
- Jen will do finance-related things with Dyana watching in January (rather than the reverse).
- Valentine flagged an issue with an individual, Jen offered to intervence.
- Once resolved, Valentine is willing to step as a director in January with Jen as treasurer.
Broken and Orphaned Items
- (Valentine) Updates if any.
- The not-turned-on-in-8-years TV
- Seeking consensus to Old Hardware Pattern the following:
- Sofa under the projector
- Large waterspot-marked table top opposite the shelves
- Worn out office chairs
- White stool (i.e. retain red stool)
- 4 VGA monitors previously donated by Roland: free to good home
- Likewise switches
- Stuffed toys in claw machine
- (Valentine) Post OHP call to mailing list and Facebook page+group and then release/dispose. Repeat as he has inclination.
- If/when we get garbage removed, the broken fridge and claw machine should go at the same time.
- (Valentine) Updates if any.
- Terminate item.
Membership Marketing and Website Revamp
- (Robert) Update on revamp.
- (Valentine) Propose to remove this since the agenda item has been stagnant for 2.5 years.
- (Valentine) Add PayNow QR to membership page for donations. Will complete adding today (Dec 15).
- Robert will off work Xmas/NY period and plans to work on website then.
Upcoming events that HackerspaceSG might be interested in
- FOSSASIA in March (largely online)
- No information about Maker Faire at present.
Rewording of Membership Tiers
- (Valentine) Idea is that we should not be seen as just a cheap co-working space.
- We have 12 desks in the main area, and 5 desks in the front area (caa 2020-10-30).
- 17 x $256 is $4,352 (still not enough to cover running the space).
- Propose to anchor $256/month as the standard membership tier.
- Propose to reword the $512 tier to Dedicated tier, $256 tier to Co-working tier, and $128 tier to Community tier.
- Pull request: https://github.com/hackerspacesg/hackerspace.sg/pull/171
- Proposed additional language: Community Tier members are welcome to visit the space any time, however regular use exceeding one day per week is not anticipated.
Any Other Business
- "Someone" to post a sign reminding people not to overload the space's eletrical circuit with the shower heater on it.
- Valentine to firm up date for next plenum
- 2021-01-19 20:00 tentative (tentatively scheduled for 3rd Tuesday of every month, but subject to change depending on the schedule of key people)